Click here to Skip to main content
16,011,778 members
Please Sign up or sign in to vote.
0.00/5 (No votes)
See more:
Hi everbody,

I am having an issue in webservice which resides in mono.
I am having a webservice which process huge database operation. I have given "Timeout = 1024" in the "webconfig" file under "appSettings" tag.

When call is done to the webservice after 2 minuter i am getting "thread abort exception".

please help me to overcome this problem

regards
Kumaran
Posted

1 solution

If you are attempting huge database operations, then a web service is usually not the best place to do this. You may want to consider putting a message on the message queue and having a separate process actually perform the db operation. Alternatively, you could use a separate windows service to run the operation, and your web site could periodically poll the service (or the database) to see the completion status of the operation. This allows you to kick an operation off, and then navigate to another page; before coming back to check on how it's progressing.

Share this answer

This content, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)

CodeProject, 20 Bay Street, 11th Floor Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2N8 +1 (416) 849-8900